Friday, January 26, 2007

Wild....Wales is Calling!

I have a new baby...No no, not the crying, sicking up sort. I have started work on a magazine called Wild with some of my colleagues. It's about getting out and about in Wales and focuses on activities, nature and green issues. We're all really very excited about it.

My role is actually in the online aspect. As Online Content Editor I am learning just how much is involved in an editorial role... Especially when you are starting a brand from scratch. I (with my editor Harry) am having to think of every tiny bit of content we want on the site. I then have to provide a style guide that covers how the writer should present this content. Then there's the commissioning, the chasing people up and the editing. It is a lot of work but I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm glad. It bodes well for the future.

Definitely check out our magazine. It's suited to 18-35 year-olds who are either already into getting out and about or who would like to be but don't really know what to do with themselves. It'll be fun and informative. You'll like it - we promise!

The site itself hasn't launched yet but you can check us out on MySpace!

No comments: